Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol Predictions - Country Night

So I consider myself a good judge of what sounds good and what sounds like crap....

Adam Lambert- Ring of Fire. Come on, you sounded like a train wreck. It was pretentious & obnoxious. I totally agree with Simon when he said, "What the hell was that?"

Scott McIntyre- I couldn't even tell you what he sang. It was boring and sounded like the same exact song he sang last week. Is the American public keeping him in this competition because he's blind? A girl in my office told she would vote for him cause she feels bad for him. I think he only has about another week left on this show.

Michael Sarver - Garth Brooks song. I think unfortunately for him, that he will be going home tonight. I hate country songs that sound exactly like the one he performed. In fact, I really don't care for country much at all.

Kris Allen - Too slow for me (not the name of the song). I'll give him the "cute guy" factor but I guess I was the only one who thought it was a snoozer. He sounds ok but i wanted to crawl under the covers and go to sleep after that one.

Lil Rounds- Independence Day. I like Lil' Rounds but I don't love her. I also hate this song because when I worked in radio the show after my shift was Sean Hannity and if you don't know, Hannity uses this as his opening song. So hearing it everyday for 4 years can get a little sickening.

Alexis PinkHair - Jolene. Obviously, that's not her last name but her performance was forgettable just like her. I thought she was really good when they were vying for Top 12 but she hasn't gotten me excited about wanting to hear more of her.

As for who I thought was good this week....

Danny Gokey- Jesus Take the Wheel. It sounded kind of "pitchy" quoting Randy but as it got going his soulful voice hit all the right spots. I am bias because I love this guy.

Alison Ihareta - Patty Loveless song. She's got some great pipes at age 16. She has a unique style as well. Great voice. I also love this song because River Phoenix sang this in his 2nd to last film, "The Thing Called Love'. Great movie also starring then girlfriend Samantha Mathis, Sandra Bullock and Dermot Mulroney. It's set in Nashville so if you like country music, you'll love it.

Anoop Desai - Always on My Mind. Thank the Lord, the Soul Man is back. If you ever get a chance to go on Youtube you can catch Anoop in his UNC acapella group, the Cleffhangers. He's singing R&B hits left & right. He was probably the best of them all last night.

Matt Giraud- (not sure the song here either). This guy is good. He is sort of like JT with his piano skills. I like his voice too.

Megan Joy Corkery - Walkin' After Midnight. This girl is really beautiful. Her face is flawless. Her voice sounded the best it has. Then of course because the judges want her around, they HAD to mention she's been in the hospital all week because of the flu. They mentioned it at least 3 times. It's CODE for: Don't vote her off yet, we want her to stick around. (even though they have the save rule they don't want to really use it).


So I am predicting that Michael Sarver will be going home tongiht. Please Judges, don't save him!

No comments:

Post a Comment