Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rhea's Inn & Restaurant - 4/27/10 - Review

Driving down West Main Rd., I have passed Rhea's many times, not even considering to stop in but today was another story. Advertised as "The Best Kept Secret in Newport", three of us from my workplace decided we would venture to this inn on the highway for lunch.
As we entered the bar/dining area, the two employees looked shocked that we had entered the place, as if to say, "Oh we actually have a customer?" The woman told told us we could sit anywhere we wanted so we chose a table by the window facing the street. The woman was very pleasant & took out drink orders. Breakfast is served till 1pm and the lunch menu is basic.
I ordered a Italian grinder w/out onions & fries, K. ordered two eggs & corned beef hash & J ordered a chef salad. My roll was really soft and didn't have the usual hard grinder crunch to it which I enjoyed. K. said her breakfast plate was really tasty and J's salad was good. The only complaint was that our waitress was the cook as well and she took too much time in between refilling our drinks.
I enjoyed my meal and for $8, my meal might have been a tad overpriced but it was good. All in all, I would say, try Rhea's out because the food and service are pretty damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment